Chandigarh is named at the goddess Chandi, A holy place Chandi temple is in Chandigarh. Chandi is from the name of goddess and Garh means fort so the city got its name Chandigarh.
(2) Chandigarh is designed by a French architect Le Corbusier and was a dream city of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru. That is the reason the city is first well-planned city of India.
(3) UT, capital of two states Punjab and Haryana make the city Union Territory. Chandigarh adopts two different cultures within it.
(4) In Chandigarh, there is no statue found on any roundabout and parks, that make the city very different. Traffic is divided into roundabouts and different Paths and Margs so no traffic jams occur here.
(5) Chandigarh is divided into sectors. Every Sector has shopping complex, enough parks, and accommodations. This is called the planned city where all basic needs and facilities are available easily.
(6) In Chandigarh, the fear factor is of number 13. There is not any street, sector or bus number 13. Number 13 is considered as unlucky in Chandigarh.
(7) Gedi Route with friends on Bullet and the open jeep is an amazing ride u can only enjoy in Chandigarh. Punjabi boys call Bullet as “Bult”.
(8) Sukhna Lake, Rosegarden and Rock garden attracts the visitors for the wonderful views. Handmade Rock-garden is an eye-opening handmade art by a single person named Nake Chand.
(9) The open hand sign shows the aspect of “Ready to Give & Take” is the amazing symbol of togetherness, unity, and peace.
(10) The City has numerous Government offices and retired government employees from both Punjab and Haryana state. So the city is known as “Pensioner’s city”.
(11) Soothing Lifestyle, nearby hill-stations and different cultural people (Haryanvi, Punjabi, Himachali) make the city easily approachable.
(12) In Chandigarh only there are about 26 flower species and 21 tree species across the city. Those make an eco-friendly environment and keep the city green.
(13) Chandigarh is situated nearby Himalayan Express, Shimla Kasauli highway and Kullu- Manali Highway. So the weather is so fluctuating more often the cool and pleasant weather remains in the city.
(14) Students from Himachal, Punjab, Haryana come to Chandigarh, That’s the reason the best universities and students hubs are here as Punjab University, Chandigarh University, Chitkara University, Lovely Professional University and many more.
(15) As we all know Punjabi’s are food lovers so the great taste of the food you can try here. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian all kind of best food variety you can taste here. Moms, Paranthas, Makki ki roti Sarso ka Saag, Pinni, Tandoori food, and world-famous beverages are served those are absolutely mouthwatering.